She chose Lemon Poppy seed Muffins and you will choose them too.
Delicious, moist and a sure hit if you need a muffin for any occasion...Try this one on for size. It will make you feel like a Queen For The Day.
BRIDE GIRL'S LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS Bake 375 Degrees 15-17 mins.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup milk1 Tsp Vanilla1/2 Tsp. of lemon extractThese two items are for the tops of the hot muffins right after they come out of the oven.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
In another bowl mix milk, oil, eggs, lemon zest and extracts. Mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and you will mix them just enough to moisten the flour.
It is fine to see flecks of flour not mixed in.
Over mixing will make muffins tough.
This will make 6 Texas size muffins or 12 regular size muffins. The recipe can be doubled with good result.
Patti and Gary Wiles Innkeepers At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn Your Asheville Bed and Breakfast